Arriving in Ecouen, Edouard Charles Hugot enrolled as student of Thomas Couture (1815-1879) and became famous for his watercolor paintings and etchings. He is a master in lithography: twenty-four of his artworks show the railroad line between Paris and Amiens.
A lot of his artworks are registered into the nineteen Century inventory of the “Fonds français du Departement des Estampes” (Engraving Department of the French Foundation), showing views of Oise, Aisne and Somme area monuments.
The Edouard Charles Hugot talent was very diversified. From the 1835 to the 1880 Salon de Paris, he exhibits a lot of paintings showing portraits, living manners, historic themes, etc. In addition to this, in 1849, he participates to a Thomas Couture fresco painted in the Paris Saint-Eustache church. He participated to a fashion review named “Le Pandore”, doing some illustrations leading to the caricature style.
In 1864, Edouard Charles Hugot bought for 6500 F a seven room house in Ecouen, located 1 “rue de la châtaigneraie” (Chestnut street), now being “rue Emmanuel-Duverger”. Later on, this house became a school then a City Hall.
In 1870, he was present during the funerals of Mrs. Todd.